Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just Shipped the Cash

So I just deposited on $80 AUD (about $60 USD) on FTP through local bank transfer and am just waiting for it to clear. It should be done by Friday since account clearing happens daily but it would be great if somehow it managed to get through sometime around 9 or 10 tomorrow morning due to the awesome Champions League final / breakfast plan tomorrow. I'm planning to sleep really early tonight and wake up for the game then just stay up the rest of the day. Really have no plans whatsoever so it would be great if I had some funds to start this little project.

It's quite funny really how I applied for a credit card really just so I could deposit, but took the bank transfer route instead. I recieved my card earlier today only to realise it's a Master instead of a Visa. Of course me being me, I fully researched people's experiences depositing with MasterCard and it seems it's a bit hit and miss. Plus they put in all these little points about how your bank may charge you this fee and that fee. Ugh. The scary thing for me was how FTP said they wouldn't refund should the transaction get rejected which is totally possible as I read some banks reject transactions to online gambling sites. How bullshit is that? They refund Visa though.

So after trawling through 2+2 posts and google-bashing deposit options for Australians (not that I allude to being one), I got basically zero information on the best way. A lot of people were saying Neteller but I'm really hesitant to provide my personal details to such an unreputable site (at least in my eyes) plus they charge fees for withdrawal which sucks. Bank transfer seems the best/cheapest way to deposit but the only thing is they don't tell you what exchange rate they're gonna use so that kinda sucks though I don't think it'll be something ridiculous like 5% on top of the current rate. That's the reason I deposited $80 instead of the $76 XE told me $60 USD is worth. Though about shooting an email to FTP support but general consensus is they take an age to get back to you so I thought I would just risk it.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow turns out to be an awesome day with United completing the quadruple in Moscow Rome, enjoying an awesomely awesome breakfast and being pleasantly surprised by the numbers being $60 instead of $0.00 when I click the Cashier button.

See how it goes man...

No comments: