Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Weekly Report: 30/5/09 - 6/6/09

Yes, I know it is slightly more than a week but its just this time to get things started.

So, the first week back to grinding the micros. How did it go? Well, you be the judge.


sessions,June,6 June,6 June 2009,2009


You could say I've had a good first week. Or rather a GREAT first week haha. Really didn't expect to be able to pull out a $50 win so soon. And that stuff about being ecstatic with 5bb/100? Well screw that! I'm currently running at 22.85bb/100 which is sustainable at these stakes if my further research hasn't failed me. Keeping things on the level though, it is only my first week so I could be on a heater but I'm not so sure I believe that myself as I've definitely experienced some pretty drastic (at least to me) swings. Here's the graph:


graph,June,6 June,6 June 2009,2009


As you can see, I've definitely not had a nice fairytale exponential graph. In fact, I've pretty much had two breakeven periods back-to-back between hands 5286 - 7399 and hands 7964 -10629. That second breakeven period has a suicide drop of about $14 which I ran pretty bad. Really it was split over 2 sessions - the -$7.26 on the 5th and the first half of the next session on the 6th where I somehow managed to end up $2.91.

About standard I guess, no epic coolers or anything just typical overpairs running into sets, AA getting run down, running QQ into bigger pairs twice. There were a few spots which I should have known better than shoving preflop after getting 3bet but I only noticed their really low 3bet stat after going all-in. D'oh! Needless to say that included shoving 55 into a loose villain's JJ. The worse thing about this period though was that when I did win an all-in it usually was for a half-stack compared to when I lost, where I would stack off 100bb's. Damn you shortstackers.

Of course I guess that was just payback for the 10 buy-in session I had on the 2nd ending up $20.21 and thus up $27.87 on the day. I really can't remember too much about that day I just remember that everything was going right during that session. Whenever I had a big hand people really would seem to play back at me drawing really thin. Checking HEM now, there were 3 times I got my money in with 100% equity and 14 times I got it in with more than 75% equity, losing just once. Not much I can say about it I guess, just 3 words - run. like. GOD.

In other poker-related money-making news, I recieved my first rakeback payment this week of $3.02. Yeah not much, but really it's a buy-in and a half so I'm not complaining. I'm still a bit confuseD about the payment schedule for rakeback because on raketracker's forum the guy mentioned that FTP was now paying rakeback directly instead of through affiliates but I got this payment from them not FTP so whatever.

Also, and this is much bigger news, I managed to clear 2 levels of my 100% deposit bonus for a grand total of $12.39 woohoo! I think I clear a level about every 3 days so I'm expecting to clear another $12.39 this week which would be totally awesome as it's way faster than I initially thought I would be able to clear it. Definitely goes a long way towards building the roll for moving up. Yes, I am already realistically starting to think about moving up. I imagine I could hit $150 this week, which would give me the required 30 buyin minimum and honestly can't wait.

So, plans for next week. Gonna start my week of early tomorrow seeing as I have dinner plans and so hoping to wake up at 9 to catch as much of the Triple Points Happy Hour as possible. Also, I've been trying to complete the Phil Gordon 5 Common Hold-Em Leaks challenge as many times as possible to gain Academy Credits, which are essentially 1-for-1 Full Tilt Points (they can be exchanged at 5000 credits). Not sure why I want the points but really there's nothing in the Academy Store that particularly interests me so why not. I think I've completed the challenge 3 times already and there's a max of 10 times so we'll see how it goes.

Finally, not many interesting hands or whatever that I can remember so I can post up. Was supposed to do a session review today but was just way too tired after football. I think I will probably do a midweek post from now on so some things are still fresh in my mind. It will be more of general observations, hands or interesting things rather than a bankroll update. I do know there were some things I noticed at 2nl which I wanted to post earlier in the week but have since forgotten them. Maybe I should start taking paper notes during the week? Anywyay good first week, bring on the second.

Summary:
  • Starting bankroll: $61.96
  • Ending bankroll: $127.06
  • Gain: $65.10
See how it goes man...

No comments: