Monday, August 3, 2009

北京

Well it's August 3rd and this is my first post from Beijing so I think it goes without saying that the poker hasn't really gone to schedule. I think since my last post, which was over a month ago, I've played maybe about 1000 hands which has been severely detrimental to my grand master plan of moving up at least 2 levels during my time in Beijing (maybe more? I can't remember now.. I've been away for poker for such a long time). Suffice to say there won't be any weekly updates for a while more, and I probably will just do a lump Beijing update after I leave.

On the flip side, there's good reason I've slacked on poker. Life has gotten in the way. Classes have been good and the best thing is I've meet some really really cool people in Beijing. I don't think I've ever drunk so much beer or been clubbing so many times in my life. Well, that was the last class really. It really sucked when everyone left and this new 6 hour intensive class has less fun exciting people. Well, there's really less people in general so that really does suck. But then again I do enjoy just chilling out and I have started to itch to play poker again, so in a way it's been good. Of the little I've played so far I have managed to pull off small (like 1 buyin or less) wins but those have been in just 1 hour sessions so that's alright.

I am really starting to consider staying here longer, maybe till the end of the year or potentially for a whole year which would be severely detrimental to my poker. I do still want to move up and make a decent side income from it but if I continue studying here I may have to work out a proper schedule. For now I'm just playing when I can which is just the odd hour here and there every week. Well, see how it goes.

Oh, and by the way, blogspot is blocked in China (among many other things including facebook, youtube and twitter) so it is hard to update. Not that there will be many updates anyway I don't think. See how it goes...

No comments: